My latest (finished) sewing project!
I am super pleased with how this Alice in Wonderland costume for my goddaughter, Kenley, turned out. She lives a few hours away, so I couldn't just zip over to her house and do regular fittings. I took a few measurements while visiting her, and then just hoped for the best. I was very nervous that it would end up being too big, as Kenley is a wee little thing. It turned out just right, though! I used a vintage pattern with a few alterations (added a peter pan collar and elastic to the bottoms of the sleeves for poufyness) for the dress. I had a second pattern all lined up for the pinafore, but ended up not liking where it was going, so I just sort of made one up. Truth be told, there are a lot of 'just sort of made up' things on this dress. But, I think Kenley and her mom were pretty happy with it, so that's all that matters to me.
Another shot to show you how teensy she really is!
(all photo credit goes to MaryAnn Mead, because I forgot to take a photo of the dress before I sent it out. As usual.)