Spring is (technically) here! But, where I am right now, it looks a little something like this:
No matter. I have faith that someday the sun will shine again. It WILL. It has to...right? While waiting for the snow to melt, I decided to make a list of goals for this Spring. They're not grand, just a few little things that I want to do.
- Have a picnic. I love eating food outside, but I never seem to remember to picnic until it's took late. It doesn't have to be fancy. I'm happy just to pick something up from Panera or Subway, throw a blanket on the grass, and enjoy the out-of-doors with my lunch.
- Spend more time walking Dottie. With all of our walks combined, I used to spend close to 2 hours per day outside with Dottie. Now, we're barely even making an hour. Spending more time walking would be good for both of us, and it could help me with my next goal...
- Lose 5 pounds. My BMI is at the tippy-top-of-normal-almost-overweight range. I would like to get this number into a healthier bracket. Setting small goals seems to work better for me than going after larger ones, so 5 lbs seems to be a good place to start.
- Go camping. The weather definitely needs to improve a little more before I can meet this goal. I'm not really into snow campin'.
- Wear a skirt or dress at least once per week. I've already started on this one, and am doing well so far! Putting on a dress seems like such. an. effort. But, it really shouldn't be. It's once piece! I don't have to coordinate multiple pieces (unless I want to throw on a cardigan)! I found a couple of cute dresses on a recent thrifting/consignment shopping adventure, so that should help.
- Downsize. I have a lot of stuff. I need to have less. I have started going through my books and listing them on Half.com, so that's a start. Spring cleaning should be interesting this year.